Sunday, February 13, 2011

VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL

 Hi friends

'Happy valentine's day'

There will be many incidents,stories and memories occurs in every one's life but as the time passes we forget them.
But if u go back and remember the incident and write it you feels 'so sweet'...i am making such an attempt...
Well,friends here is one more small story i would like to share with u and make Feb 14 special.

"When I was a little boy, once we(family) went out for picnic to near by place and when we returned back it was nine in the evening and also we were very tired. My mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. And I remember that night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long time(since we ate lot of snacks in the picnic).

On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of sweets, khara, and extremely burned upma(uppittu) in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for his upma , smile at my mom, and ask me how i felt at picnic today. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember Watching him eating that burned upma with smile.!

When I got Up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad For burning the Upma. And I'll never forget what he said: 'Dear, I love burned upma.'(yene ninge gottalwa hottida uppit nan like madtini anta)
Later that night, I went to sleep with my Daddy and at that time I asked him if He really liked his upma burned. He took me in his arms and said, 'Dear, u know na we were out for picnic whole day, we are tired and she's also really tired. And besides-a little burnt upma never hurt anyone!' You know, life is full of imperfect things...and imperfect people. I'm not the best housekeeper or cook.
What I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each other's faults - and choosing to celebrate each other's differences - is the one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting marriage relationship.
We could extend this to any relationship in fact - as understanding is the base of any relationship, be it a husband-wife or parent - child or friendship!! " 

A best lesson which i learnt from him.

Dedicated all  
Love all and hurt none

No comments:

Post a Comment